Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness insurance pays out a lump sum if you are diagnosed with a serious illness covered by your plan. And, best of all, you choose how you want to spend that money.
|The chances of getting a life-changing illness are much higher than we believe.
Consider these statistics
- One in three Canadians will develop life-threatening cancer.
- One in two heart attack victims are under the age of 65.
- Each year, 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke; of all the stroke victims, 75% will be left with a disability.
|The good news is survival is more likely than ever before.
|With healthier lifestyles and advances in medical technology, Canadians are now surviving critical illnesses that were, at one time, life-threatening. For example, 80% of hospitalized heart patients, and an equal percentage of stroke victims, will now survive the initial event.|
|The bad news is recovery can be more expensive than ever.
Critical Illness insurance will allow you to focus on recovery. You can use the lump sum payout in any way you want:
- Pay off your mortgage, credit cards or other debt
- Save for your retirement
- Pay for medications and treatments not covered by provincial health care
- Pay for treatments not available in Canada and/or travel and accommodation costs
- Modify your home or vehicle to improve your mobility
- Hire home care or domestic help during your recovery
- Fund a leave of absence for you and/or your spouse
You can't get this coverage anywhere else:
There are advantages to the critical illness plan covered by bclear. We are able to provide competitive rates through group purchasing power. This also allows us to include features that are not normally covered:
- 200% payout for occupational injuries (see table below) for certain covered illnesses.
- $50/day hospital cash*.
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS, the most common type of non-invasive breast cancer)not covered by provincial health care.
- Early prostate cancer treatment.
- 2nd event coverage: for example, if cancer is the first claim and then you get heart disease, you can claim again. Most critical illness policies only cover the first event.
- Coverage to age 70.
* Hospital Cash: If you are in the hospital for more than three days, for any reason, the plan will pay you $50/day for the duration of the time you are in the hospital.
The bClear benefits Critical Illness Insurance Plan pays a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with one of the following major illnesses and survive 30 days from the date of diagnosis:
||Motor Neuron Disease|
|Benign Brain Tumour
||Occupational HIV Infection|
||Heart Valve Replacement
||Loss of Speech*
||Major Organ Failure
|Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
||Major Organ Transplant
*These Illnesses are considered occupational injuries, so the payout is double
|Call our bClear benefits client service team for quick response at 1 855 9bclear or 1 855 922 5327 or 604 296 3240. |